Believe in Yourself to Be Successful

Believe in Yourself to Be Successful

  • Admin
  • November 22, 2022
  • 0

Your self-image determines the measure of confidence you bring to the challenge of using your potential and working toward the goals you have set.

Self-image, or the mental picture you have of yourself, determines to a large extent the level of success you achieve as a leader. The level of success you achieve as a leader, of course, helps determine the level of success your organization will achieve. The more positive your self-image, the more opportunities you have to pursue success for yourself and your team.
Success means something different to every person. For some, success means advancement to even higher positions within the organization. Others count the contributions they can make to the lives of other people. Still, others measure success by the size of their bank accounts. The success you seek likely consists of bits and pieces of these elements. But here is a definition of success that works for everyone: Success is the progressive realization of worthwhile, predetermined personal goals.
This definition implies that success is the result of your own choice—the choice of the specific goals you pursue. The most important factor in making satisfying choices is a positive self-image. A positive self-image enables you to set goals that reflect your values and provide meaning and fulfillment through their achievement.
Your self-image determines the measure of confidence you bring to the challenge of using your potential and working toward the goals you have set. Psychologists estimate that, on average, people use less than a third of their actual potential. This means that by using only a small additional portion of your potential, you can make a sizable increase in your effectiveness. If, for example, you are now using 30 percent of your potential, you could choose to increase that amount by another 10 percent—a total of 40 percent of your potential. With relatively little effort you can be 10 percent more effective than you are now.
The factor controlling how much of your real potential you can use—or will use—is your self-image. You begin to acquire your self-image almost immediately after birth. As people in your environment reacted to you with approval or disapproval, you began to form a mental picture of who you were based on that feedback. If any of the messages you received implied that you lacked ability, that you were too young, too inexperienced, or limited in some other way, you may have internalized that message and believed it. Even now, you may be limiting your success based on these old messages and ignoring the fact that you are now more experienced and more capable than you were in the past.
In contrast, if the people in your early environment were strongly supportive, praised you for your achievements, and expressed belief in your ability to succeed, you may be following that estimate of yourself and using a larger percentage of your potential. But regardless of your background, what you are now is what counts. What you are now depends to a great extent upon what you are willing to believe and become, and what you are willing to do about your self-image. You can change your self-image if you wish. You can enhance the relationship between your self-image and success. The more positive your self-image, the more successful you become as an effective motivational leader!
Choosing to develop your self-image sets the stage for significant contributions to your team and organization. A positive self-image enables you to view organizational opportunities and challenges in new and exciting ways. Then you are ready to develop clear plans for the achievement of organizational goals. Armed with a strong belief in your potential for success, you and your team members are positioned to achieve the objectives which may now seem remote and out of reach.
All effective leaders share one characteristic: a positive self-image. Do you see yourself as an effective, capable individual, worthy of self-respect, and deserving of the respect of others? Individuals with a positive self-image possess the inner strength and courage required for self-respect and self-confidence.

Curated by Bizwiz Learning, Source LMI

For more resources, visit the link and Say “Hi”